Saturday, July 16, 2011

My Guilty Pleasure

One of the things that I know I will need to give up sooner rather than later is caffeine. As stupid as it sounds, I could inject myself, undergo surgery and take medications, but I really, really don’t want to give my morning cup of coffee. For years now, I’ve had migraines. A surefire way for me to get a migraine is to miss my morning cup of coffee. I’ll give up wine, I’ll give up sushi, but please just don’t take away my coffee.

Giving up my coffee probably means that I will need to take my prescription migraine meds more frequently, which also makes me wonder if they are safe. My nurse did mention recently that you could have caffeine throughout pregnancy but in limited quantities. And with my migraines in mind, it may make sense for me to continue having my morning cup of coffee. But at the same time, I don’t want to take any risks. So what’s worse? Migraines (and then possibly having to take medications with caffeine) or having the morning cup of joe? I’ll be sure to ask my doc when I see him next.

No comments:

Post a Comment