Thursday, July 21, 2011

Awkward

I have a new boss at work and I had the chance to meet him this week. After introducing himself, he asked us if we had any questions for him. One of the directors shouted out "what do you like to do outside of work?" He mentioned he has a wife and two children and that somehow turned into asking anyone who has children to raise their hands. Everyone at the table except one other woman and me raised their hands. He then went around and asked the ages of the kids.

Now if you read my post about jealousy, you'll wonder why this bothered me so much and to be honest, I'm not sure I understand why myself. But it did. Part of the frustration was that we only had a small amount of time and it was spent discussing kids when I think there are many important questions that could have been asked. But then the other part is probably that I couldn't raise my hand. And I wish that I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment