Monday, July 18, 2011

Yard Sale

Over the next couple weeks, we are going to prepare for a yard sale and I am going to get rid of as much “stuff” as possible from our spare bedroom. Right now the spare bedroom has a convertible sofa, bookshelves, and an amazing, old, and colorful Middle Eastern rug. I’m not planning on removing those items or any of the paintings on the walls. I just want to make room for a crib and a dresser/changing table. I don’t think the room will be a typical baby nursery by any means. I guess I should explain that we live in a 2 bedroom apartment (in the city) that doesn’t have a ton of room. Maybe I’m still not confident that we’ll be able to have babies for years and when/if I do become pregnant, I’ll change my mind and make the room into a typical nursery. But for now, I completely picture the room staying as is (for the most part) with the addition of some baby furniture.

A friend of mine struggled for years with infertility. Throughout those years, she prepared a nursery in anticipation that she would become pregnant one day. I always thought that was kind of odd. Maybe I’m the odd one though. I would definitely find pleasure in creating a nursery, but I think I’d lose it if I had to pass by that room every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment